Revisions and Updates
We try to keep our maps as up-to-date and accurate as we can, and very much appreciate any information you send us regarding changes or inaccuracies. Please check the following list and make updates to your map. If you notice an error while using your map, please let us know so that we can post it here for others. Thanks!!
Send Revisions to Richard "at" krebscycleproducts.com
Krebs Cycle Products LLC, P.O. Box 82, Aptos, CA 95001
Calif. State Park Reservation Number: 1-800 444-7275.
(Remember that many State Park campgrounds have a hiker biker site that does not require any reservation).
Calif. State Hwy. Information: 1-800 427-7623; also on the web at: http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo
League of American Bicyclists address: 1612 K Street, Washington, DC 20006 (202) 822-1333
STATE PARKS and STATE PARK CAMPGROUDS:
Note that several State Park campgrounds are closed seasonally.
C-1 California North Coast Bicycle Touring Map
- Panel 3 - At Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park, an unpaved trail connects from near Davison Road just west of Hwy. 101 to the campground.
- Panel 3 - A combination of paved trails and local streets connects Clam Beach County Park to Kelly Road (near U.S. 101 in McKinleyville), and ultimately Arcata via the bike bridge over the Mad River.
- Panel 4 - A bike path is constructed from Arcata south along Hwy 101 for a portion of the way to Eureka.
- Panel 6 - There is a hill into Redcrest, on the Avenue of the Giants headed either north or south (see profile).
- Panel 6 - Additional trail camp one mile south of Honeydew on Wilder Ridge Road.
- Panel 6 1/2- Chevrons are missing. There is a very steep climb from Capetown to Bear River Ridge, from Capetown to the south, and from Cape Mendocino to the north.
- Panel 7 - A new segment of highway bypasses Confusion Hill attraction.
- Panel 8 - A bike path now connects McKerricher State Park to the town of Fort Bragg to the south across Pudding Creek.
- Panel 9 - Town of Caspar is misspelled.
- Panel 14 - There is no longer camping at Bridgehaven.
- Panel 14 - There is a second trail camp along Willow Creek Road just south of the Russian River, with water available.
- Panel 15 - The Inkwells Bridge now connects Sir Francis Drake Blvd. to the trail through Samual P. Taylor State Park near the park's eastern boundary.
- Panel 15 - There is no longer camping at Tomales Bay State Park.
- Panel 16 - Corte Madera: Street which connects Magnolia/Corte Madera to Tamalpias is called Redwood (not named on map).
- Panel 16 - A bicycle path/tunnel is now open from near the Larkspur Ferry Terminal (near Togos and Airporter north side of Sir Francis Drake Blvd) to San Rafeal (path starts on Andersen west of US Hwy 101 and crosses Bellam) Open 5:00 AM until 11:00 PM every day. Note the Andersen Drive has been extended westward from what is shown on the map.
- Panel 17 - San Francisco: Embarcadero now has bike lanes for most of its length; Embarcadero now feeds into King Street at its south end, one block north of Berry Street (which is shown). Refer to T-2 coverage of San Francisco.
T-1 North San Francisco Bay & Wine Country Bicycle Touring Map
Current map published April 2014.
Road extenstions and bike path along U.S. Highway 101 between Novato and Petaluma completed in October 2014: Redwood Boulevard (west side frontage road to U.S. 101) has been extended to Olompali State Park. San Antonio Road south leg has been extedned to the north boundary of Olompali State Park. A bike path connects the two roads. A bike path along U.S. 101 to Petaluma is planned for 2019.
SMART commuter trians are now operating between San Rafeal and the Somona County Airport near Santa Rosa. There is room for 24 bikes per train.
The following revisions apply to older versions:
- A bicycle path/tunnel is now open from near the Larkspur Ferry Terminal (near Togos and Airporter north side of Sir Francis Drake Blvd) to San Rafeal (path starts on Andersen west of US Hwy 101 and crosses Bellam) Open 5:00 AM until 11:00 PM every day. The path is shown approximately with the note "Spr 2010" on older version sof the map.
- McGary Road along I-80 (which had beed closed for several years) near Vallejo is now open.
- Vallejo to Crocket: The Alfred Zampa Memorial Bridge (I-80) - a bike and pedestrian path on the west side of the new bridge is open.
- The new I-680 bridge bike path is open on the western span.
- Sweetwater Springs Road (west of Healdsburg) is paved all the way.
- The Inkwells Bridge now connects Sir Francis Drake Blvd. to the trail through Samual P. Taylor State Park near the park's eastern boundary.
- Only one of the trail camps along Willow Creek Road just south of the Russian River has water available.
- There is no longer camping at Tomales Bay State Park
- Hwy 37 is now a freeway closed to bikes to Mare Island. A bike path parallels the new freeway north of Vallejo. Suggest reaching Hwy 37 west of Mare Island via the Mare Island Bridge near the ferry landing.
- Old Cazadero Road is washed out and no longer maintained by Sonoma County. Nearby Duncan Road is also closed.
T-1 North San Francisco Bay and Sacramento Bicycle Touring Map (OUT OF PRINT)
The North San Francisco Bay / Wine Country Bicycle Touring Map supercedes the old North San Francisco Bay / Sacramento Bicycle Touring Map. There is a gap in coverage between West Sacramento and Fairfield, due to a more detailed scale, and hence less geographic extent, on the new map. We will send a photocopy of the "missing area" from the old map upon request, but please note the following:
The following changes affect areas covered by the old map but not covered by the new map:
- Contra Costa County: BART is now extended to East Concord (Port Chi Hwy. @ Hwy. 4) and Pittsburg (Bailey Rd @ Hwy. 4) on the Concord line, and a new spur from the Fremont line runs to Castro Valley ( Castro Valley Blvd. @ Redwood) and Dublin/Pleasanton (east of Hopyard, along I-580)
- Iron Horse Bike Trail extends from Walnut Creek to Danville (and south; see T-2)
- PORT CHICAGO HWY is CLOSED between Clyde and Pittsburg... Hwy 4 is closed to bikes east of Willow Pass Rd, but there's a bike path on the north side.
- To find Empire Mine Rd from Antioch, take Lone Tree to Golf Club, to Mesa Ridge. Major new urbanization is this area.
- Dublin Blvd now connects east from Hopyard to Tassajara Rds.
T-2 South San Francisco Bay and Monterey Bay Areas Bicycle Touring Map
Current map published April 2012.
- A new segment of the Coyote Creek Trail extends from the corner of Senter and Story roads to William Road at 16th (does not connect to southern segment).
- A bike path connects Weaver (north of Minnesota) to Glen Errie at Willow.
- Bike path shown in Castroville as opening in 2014 will open early 2018.
The following revisions apply to older versions:
- At the north end of the Fort Ord trial, the trail extends to the Hwy 1/Del Monte Road intersection. There is also a four-mile alternate path in Fort Ord, farther from the freeway with one short steep climb.
- Schulties Road (east of CA 17, Santa Cruz Co) upaved for about one mile.
- There is a new bicycle path from the south end of the Fort Ord path at its north end (Fremont St), and connecting via Metz Road to Tioga Road. Another new path parallels Sand Dunes Road.
- Bicycles may access Intergarrison Road from Reservation Road (west of Salinas)
- Imjin Road now connects to the Fort Ord bike path at the 12th Street/Hwy.1 overpass
- The west end of the Pajaro River bike trail is no longer paved due to repairs to storm damage on the levee.
- Davis Rd south of Salinas is subject to flooding.
- Harkins Slough Road is permanently closed to the north of Lee Road, near Watsonville, due to discontinued pumping of the slough, and Lee Road is closed most of the year.
- San Francisco hostel changes: in addition to the main AYH hostel at Fort Mason in north San Francisco: AYH City Center Hostel (685 Ellis Street, east of Polk and south of Geary). AYH Downtown Hostel (312 Mason Street, between Geary and O'Farrell, west of Powell). The Green Tourtise bus company also operates a hostel in San Francisco. The summer-only hostel shown on the San Francisco map is closed.
- A bicycle trail now crosses the Salinas River at King City, immediately north of the Hwy 101 bridge, connecting Broadway to Jolon Road.
- Aborn Road in San Jose does not connect to Quimby Road.
- A paved trial connects Wilder Ranch State Park to Mission Road in Santa Cruz, on the west side of State Highway 1. The bike trail along the San Lorenzo River in Santa Cruz has been extended on the west end.
- There is a B&B on Stonewall Canyon Road east of Soledad.
- Union Road in Hollister now connects through to Hwy 25. Riverside/Nash Road and Hospital Road are both closed where they cross the river.
- The west side campground at Pinnacles Natl Mont. is closed. Paraiso Springs is closed.
- The campground on Salinas Road near Watsonville is closed.
- There is a bike path in Half Moon Bay connecting from southeast of the Hwy 1/Hwy 92 junction to the west side of Hwy 1.
T-3 Lake Tahoe and Gold Country Bicycle Touring Map (OUT OF PRINT)
- There is a shuttle service available for the Flume Trail near Incline Village NV.
- A Highway 267 bypass of Truckee has been completed between I-80 at Hwy 89 and the Placer/Nevada County line. The old portion of Hwy 236 in Truckee is called Brockway Road.
These have been reported to us, but not field checked:
- The spring near Georgetown is no longer available.
- Ponderosa Road, (unpaved) between Daffodil Hill and Fiddletown Road is apparently "overseen" by a neighbor who would just as soon no one used it. Our advice is to avoid this road.
- The same advice goes for the connection between Dutch Flat (near I-80) and Lowell Hill Rd.
M-1 San Francisco Peninsula and Santa Cruz Mountains Mountain Biking Map
- The single-track portion of Wagon Wheel Trail at Wilder Ranch State Park has been abandoned and is closed to all users.
- A paved trial (shown on the map as unpaved) now connects Wilder Ranch State Park to Mission Road in Santa Cruz. It is shown on our T-2 map.
M-3 South San Francisco Bay Mountain Biking Map
- A paved trail is now open along Hwy. 237 in the Mountain View-Milpitas area. It is shown on our T-2 map.
M-4 Mount Diablo and East Bay Hills Mountain Biking Map (OUT OF PRINT)
- A revised map was published in January, 2002.
Return to Catalog/Home Page/credit card orders
Updated February 23, 2018